Options for Senior Meal Services
Volen Center curbside take away food options
- All Seniors are eligible for this free service, non-registered must complete an assessment prior to receiving food
- Curbside food pick up from Pompey Park 1101 NW 2nd Street Delray Beach
- Contact information: (561) 243-7356
- Governor DeSantis has requested all 65 + Seniors to stay in their homes for 14 days. This does not affect the curbside food option. Seniors will not leave their car and clipboards/pens used for sign in will be sanitized after each use
- Any Senior living in the zip code 33444 is eligible
- Delivery occurs before 11 AM by volunteers that have a level 2 background screening.
- Food is delivered cold and follows the My Healthy Plate standards through the USDA.
- Up to five meals are delivered weekly
- Contact information: Homebound Delivery Service manager Martha Parker (561) 278-0918 between the hours of 8:30 AM - 1 PM
Department of Elder Affairs Division of Senior Services
- If enrolled in their food service, you are automatically enrolled to receive a 7 day shelf stable supply of food.
- If not enrolled in their food service, call to register and fill out a brief intake document. (561) 355-4746
Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Contact information: YourADRC.org, contact emailkclawson@yourADRC.org, Office phone: (561) 684-5885, Information phone: (866) 684-5885
- Assistance with food needs
- Questions on COVID-19 situation
Feeding South Florida
Palm Beach County
- Contact information: Fill out referral form online at feedingsouthflorida.org, a staff person will contact to determine what is needed or call (561) 331-5441
CROS Delray Beach Community Food Pantry
- Contact information: (561) 412-6670, 141 SW 12th Avenue Delray Beach
- Friday 12:00– 3:00 pm (until further notice), Bring Photo ID for full allotment (No photo ID - will still receive food)
Boca Helping Hands, Inc
- Contact information: (561) 417-0913,1500 NW 1st Court, Boca Raton, or BocaHelpingHands.org
- Food Pantry, Monday through Saturday 9:00 am – 12:30 pm Drive through.
- Hot meal provided Monday-Saturday, No registration required, 11:00 am-12:30 pm take out meal.
- Second Location Boynton Beach, First Baptist church 301 N Seacrest Blvd. Boynton Beach, hours Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- What is needed to participate – Food Pantry only. Come down to register, qualify by income poverty chart. Medicade.
Alicia’s Family Service Center (formerly Haitian Pentecostal)
- Contact information; (561) 853-4097, 428 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Boynton Beach
- Food Pantry, walk in. Saturdays 4:00-6:00 pm every week. No need to qualify.
First Christian Church of Galilee, Inc.
- Contact information; (561) 358-1463, 403 NE 6th Ave, Boynton Beach
- Food Pantry, walk in one day a week. Thursday, 2:00-5:00 pm
Good Samaritan Alliance Church of Boynton Beach
- Contact information (561) 843-1854, 425 NE 10th Ave, Boynton Beach
- Walk in pantry, every Wed 6 pm – 8 pm. No need to qualify.
The Soup Kitchen
- Contact information (561) 239-3173, 8645 West Boynton Beach Blvd, Boynton Beach,
- Monday - Saturday 9:00-11:30 am, Bring your own bags.
Additional Non-food Support Services
- Express bus transportation to Publix, Walmart, Target and Walgreens at no charge
- Contact information: (561) 395-8920 ext 272 and ask to be placed on the bus service list
- Freebee and shuttle bus transportation to and from Pompey Park for curbside take-away lunches
- Contact information: Freebee App
- Elder Crisis Outreach
- Supportive crisis counseling
- Comprehensive needs assessment
- Goal setting and a plan of action
- Linkage to community services
- Advocacy with family or service providers
- Suicide evaluation
- Sunshine Calls
- Free telephone reassurance program to check on the well-being of seniors (60 plus), the homebound or disabled (can be younger)
- Contact information: Dial 211 or visit online at 211PalmBeach.org
Your Aging and Disability Resource Center/Area Agency on Aging
- Questions on COVID-19 situation
- Contact information: www.YourADRC.org, contact emailkclawson@yourADRC.org, Office phone: (561) 684-5885, Information phone: (866) 684-5885
National Council on Aging
- Healthy Living exercises for home during COVID-19
- Mental Health
Stores Offering Senior/Vulnerable Population Hours
- Target allows Seniors to shop on Wednesdays from 8:00-9:00 am
- Dollar General allows Seniors to shop every day from 8:00-9:00 am
- Walgreens and Dollar Tree in Delray have not received information to provide special accommodations as of now.
- Whole Foods allows Seniors to shop every day from 8:00-9:00 am
- Fresh Market allows Seniors to shop Monday through Friday from 8:00-9:00 am.
- Publix allows Seniors to shop Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00-8:00 am
- Walmart allows Seniors to shop Tuesday mornings 6:00-7:00 am March 24-April 30
- Winn-Dixie allows Seniors to shop Monday through Friday 8:00-9:00 am
- Costco allows Seniors to shop Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00-10:00 am
- Big Lots allows Seniors to shop every day from 8:00-9:00 am
Stores Offering Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery
- Winn-Dixie offers delivery services to include a “drop and leave” program to avoid personal contact. Call the Customer Care team at (844) 745-0463 or visit www.winndixie.com to enroll.
- Publix offers curbside pickup and home delivery. Place an order online at Publix.com. Publix delivery powered by Instacart is a grocery delivery service that allows customers to order Publix groceries online and have them delivered when and where they want.
- Lyft has created LyftUp to provide support to Seniors through delivery of medical supplies, medical transport and meals. The organization uses their platform to alert riders and drivers about key safety and public health updates, including curfews and shelter-in-place orders through the app. This occurs through the end of June. Contact must be made through a local government organization but assistance is not guaranteed.
Cancelled City Senior Programs
- Arts and Crafts
- Acrylic Art Class
- Looming & Sewing
- Games and Activities
- Cards and Domino tournament
- Hot Topic Monday
- Tech Savvy (cell phone training)
- Trivia Tuesday
- In-house movies
- Health & Wellness, Exercise class
- Chair Yoga
- Chair Zumba
- Devoted Healthcare Doctor talk
- Health fairs
- Lawn Bowling
- Line Dancing
- Folk Dance Beginner
- Folk Dance Advance
- Tap Dance
- Walking with ease
- Water Aerobics
- Mental Health
- Care Plus memory lane workshops
- Cognitive Memory Hand Stimulation with Special Arts & Craft
- Simply Healthcare Insurance workshop
- Meal services (provided Monday-Friday )