During the first 10 days of April 2020, the U.S. Census Bureau will count America’s population. That data is used to distribute federal funding to states & communities over the next 10 years.
There are three ways you can return your Census form
- Online is the easiest way to complete your Census. the process for submitting online is safe and secure. You can also respond to the Census by phone, or call the toll-free number to request a paper form to mail back.
- Census forms are available in many languages.
Census information in confidential
- Don't be afraid to be counted, even if you are not a legal citizen of the U.S. no court or law enforcement agency can access your individual responses, which under Title 13 remain confidential for 72 years.
- Census workers are subject to a $250,000 fine and/or a five-year sentence for disclosing any information that could identify an individual or household.
How To Respond
The 2020 Census asks 9 simple questions about you and everyone who will be living with you on April 1, 2020.
For the first time, you can choose to complete the census online www.my2020census.gov, by phone (listed below), or by mail in a few weeks. To find out more about each of these methods see below:
- Online Response Guide - found at: www.2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond/responding-online.html
- Phone Response Guide (found at: www.2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond/responding-by-phone.html
- Paper (Mail) Response Guide (found at: www.2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond/responding-by-mail.html
The 2020 Census can be completed by phone in the following languages:
- English: 844-330-2020
- Spanish: 844-468-2020
- Chinese (Mandarin): 844-391-2020
- Chinese (Cantonese): 844-398-2020
- Vietnamese: 844-461-2020
- Korean: 844-392-2020
- Russian: 844-417-2020
- Arabic: 844-416-2020
- Tagalog: 844-478-2020
- Polish: 844-479-2020
- French: 844-494-2020
- Haitian Creole: 844-477-2020
- Portuguese: 844-474-2020
- Japanese: 844-460-2020
- TDD (Telephone Display Device): 844-467-2020