How the Program Works
This City Resident Downtown Parking Permit applies to anyone who resides in the City of Delray Beach (city limits). Proof of residency is required (see below). Each permit costs $12 per year, valid Oct.1 – Sept. 30. If you purchase the permit after April 1, the cost is prorated to $6. Only two City Resident Downtown Parking Permits are allowed per housing unit. Vehicle registration must be provided for each vehicle. Price is per permit.
Parking times and locations
The permits are valid only in designated garages, surface lots and side-streets in Downtown Delray (this does not include the beach). The permit will allow you to park for free parking seven days a week, between the hours of 12p.m. – 6 p.m. in the designated areas. (Please note, the city does not charge for parking until 12 p.m. daily). Permit holders must still abide by posted hourly time limits. Regular time limits and rates will apply starting at 6pm. See outlined parking areas on next page.
Keep in Mind...
- For garage parking: If you are in the garages before 6:00 pm, you park for free all night! (14-hour max time limit applies).
- A City Resident Downtown Parking Permit does not guarantee a parking space. Therefore, if there parking is not available at the designated locations, then this does not permit residents to park at other metered areas without payment.
How to Purchase a City Resident Downtown Parking Permit
The City Resident Downtown Parking Permit can be purchased online or in person.
- Online: at delraypermits.rmcpay.com (credit cards only)
- In Person: Park Delray Beach office located at: 95 NE First Ave., Delray Beach, FL 33444. Located on the ground floor of the Old School Square Garage by the north elevator. (Check/Money Order/Credit Card)
To purchase a City Resident Downtown parking permit, you will need to show proof of residency in the City of Delray Beach by providing your vehicle registration and driver’s license. Residents with driver’s licenses and vehicle registrations that do not reflect a City of Delray Beach address must also present the following documents as proof of residency:
- Property Owners: A current utility bill with the owner’s name along with Government issued ID matching the name, or valid Florida voter registration card with the corresponding Delray Beach address.
- Lessee: Copy of current signed lease along with Government issued ID matching the name, or valid Florida voter registration card with the corresponding Delray Beach address. (Month-to-month leases are not accepted)
Keep in Mind...
- The Vehicle Registration must reflect the name of the applicant
- Only two City Resident Downtown Permits are allowed per housing unit. Vehicle registration must be provided for each vehicle. Price is per permit.
- The sticker must be affixed to the vehicle windshield, lower left-hand corner, (driver’s side). Stickers are non-transferable
- All outstanding parking citations with the City of Delray Beach must be paid or satisfied at the time of permit purchase.
The City Resident Downtown Parking Permit can be used at the following locations (outline on map below), without payment between 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm:
- Old School Square Garage – 95 NE First Ave. (in before 6:00 pm)
- Robert Federspiel Garage – 22 SE First Ave. (in before 6:00 pm)
- 4th & 5th Delray Garage (First 90 public spaces only) - 25 SE 4th Ave (in before 6 p.m.)
- North Railroad Lot - 25 NE Third Ave.
- Village Lot - 50 SE Sixth Ave.
- Gladiola Lot - 51 SE Sixth Ave.
- Veterans Park - 802 NE 1st Street
Also included is on-street parking on the side-streets one block north & one block south of Atlantic Ave: SE 1st Ave., NE 1st Ave., SE 2nd Ave., NE 2nd Ave., SE 3rd Ave., SE 4th Ave. & NE 4th Ave.
*Please Note: The city resident downtown permit is not valid on Atlantic Ave, at the beach, or east of the intracoastal.