We're proud to support special events that have a positive impact, celebrate our diversity and community, host our neighbors, families and visitors and grow our reputation as a sports, health-fitness and arts, history and culture destination.
Interested in hosting an event?
All special events are required to have a permit and follow all applicable rules and regulations contained in the City’s Special Event Policy and Guidelines. To obtain a Special Events permit and coordinate City services, you must complete the online application in the form box below, or you can download and print a PDF version.
For questions or concerns contact the Office of Special Events at 561-243-7250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I know if my application is approved?We will contact you once your application is submitted and will provide with a preliminary cost estimate. Your application will be sent to our Special Events Technical Advisory Committee (SETAC) for review. After this review, you will be contact by email and mail with your approval/denial letter.
How do I know if my organization qualifies as a non-profit?
A "non-profit" organization must work to serve a public purpose, rather than to provide financial benefit to any individual, corporation or entity. The "non-profit" organization must be organized around a cause, mission or community need.
These items are needed to qualify as a "non-profit":
- Sunbiz registration
- A copy of the FEIN# and IRS non-profit certification
- Detailed statement about how the proposed event serves a public purpose to foster an authentic and inspiring community that celebrates Delray Beach history while building toward the future.
What types of special events are permitted in Delray Beach?
Events in Delray beach are categorized into three types:
- Commercial Event (Examples: concerts, festivals and other large-scale event where paid admission is required)
- Community Event (Examples: block parties, free festivals, free concert, Green Market)
- Athletic Event (Examples: 5K run, bike ride, an event that is open to the public but may require a registration fee for participants)