- Are you opening or operating a business located inside the City of Delray Beach?
- Do you perform a profession that requires a state license or certification?
- Do you use your home address for your business inside the city limits?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to purchase a tax receipt. If your business has more than one location, a separate tax receipt is required for each location. A separate tax receipt is issued for each use performed within your business.
How to Apply for a Business Tax Receipt/Contractor Registration
Once you have:
- Completed (if applicable) the Zoning Certificate of Use. This certificate must be approved by Development Services prior to completing a Business Tax Receipt.
- Registered your business with the FL Division of Corporations
- Acquired a state license if required (are you a barber, cosmetologist, doctor, lawyer, CPA or any other occupation regulated by the state?)
- Selected a location within our city limits
- Complete the Business Tax Receipt Application/Contractor Registration and additional forms (if applicable)
- Find out what the tax amount is for your business type. Fee Schedule
- Submit the application with documentation (proof of registration with the Division of Corporations, insurance certificates and a copy of your state license, if applicable)
- After your application is approved, submit payment.
You can submit your application & payment one of two ways:
- By Mail: Address below (call to verify tax amount & make checks payable to City of Delray Beach)
- In Person: Address below (8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday). A secured drop-off box is located next to the window for your convenience.
Your Business Tax Receipt will be mailed to you. Applying for a business tax receipt does not permit the applicant to operate or engage in any type of business, occupation or profession until the business tax receipt has been issued. The licensing process normally takes five to ten business days.
Local Business Tax Receipts are valid from October 1st through September 30th of the following year. We send out Renewal Notices in July for payment by October 1st.
- Business Tax Receipt Application - for new businesses and contractor's registration
- Home Occupation Affidavit - provide with Business Tax Receipt Application if home occupation
- Peddler License Application
- Interstate Commerce Affidavit
- Medical Affidavit - for all medical businesses. Must be included with Business Tax Receipt application
Give us a call at (561) 243-7203 select option 4, or email BusinessTaxReceipts@mydelraybeach.com
Helpful Links and Additional Resources
- Department of Business & Professional Regulation
- Florida Division of Corporations