Volunteers are a valuable resource to the City. We offer these opportunities:
- The award winning Delray Beach Police Department Volunteer Program is comprised of over 500 citizen volunteers who take an active role in helping to protect their community. Many possess special skills and exceptional qualifications that have proven to be an asset to our local government.
- Delray Beach Fire-Rescue's Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) has trained over 350 volunteers to assist in the aftermath of a natural disaster.
- Volunteer opportunities exist for citizens who would like to work in harmony with the government by serving on Advisory Boards and Committees.
Volunteer Application Process
Fill out an online application. All volunteers in all programs will be required to go through a National Background Check.
After completing the online application, please complete the forms listed below and return them to the Human Resources Department.
- Volunteer Application or Volunteer Youth Application (Applicants ages 14 to 17)
- Affidavit of Good Moral Character
- Volunteer Consent Release Form
- Volunteer Interest Survey
- Voluntary Worker Agreement Form
Internships and Shadow Day
We also offer an internship program that lets college student or recent grads gain real world experience in their desired field. Apply for an internship opportunity.
- Conduct informational interviews with a variety of employees, department directors, and the City Manager.
- Participate in a guided tour of the facility.
- Attend meetings or organizational events.
- Learn about career/internship opportunities within the organization
- Network with hiring managers and your school’s alumni
Individuals who participate in the shadow day are priority picks for summer internship jobs. Shadow Day is held twice a year, check on back on the HR page for the next event.