Long Range Planning is responsible for developing, evaluating, and maintaining the City's Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Regulations, Mobility Planning, and Neighborhood and Redevelopment Plans.
Long Range Planning Staff serves as the liaison for the Planning and Zoning Board, which acts as the Local Planning Agency for the City of Delray Beach. Long Range Planning reviews and coordinates requests for consideration by the Planning and Zoning Board:
- Land Use Map Amendments
- Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Zoning Map Amendments
- Land Development Regulation Amendments
- Annexation Petitions
- Abandonment of Right-of-way requests
- Major and Minor Subdivisions
Monitoring and implementing the Comprehensive Plan constitutes a major function of Long Range Planning and includes:
- Processing Comprehensive Plan Amendments to reflect tasks accomplished or changes in policy direction;
- Preparing an Annual Report that analyzes the cumulative impact of all land use actions on growth projections and the progress of infrastructure programs and activities within the last fiscal year;
- Tracking the City's Capital Improvement Program by providing input on the capital budget as it relates to consistency with the five year schedule of capital improvement projects and Comprehensive Plan policies; and,
- Preparing Studies or Activities needed to fulfill specific goals of the Comprehensive Plan.
Updated: February 21, 2020