Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • When are City Commission Meetings held?

    Regular City Commission meetings are held on the first and third Tuesdays of every month at 4:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers at City Hall unless otherwise posted.

    City Commission Workshops are held on the second Tuesday of every month at 3:30 p.m. in the City Commission Chambers at City Hall unless otherwise posted.

  • When is the public able to comment during Commission Meetings?

    Commission meetings are conducted based on the agenda created by the City Clerk's office. The agenda is an outline of subjects to be considered at the meeting, and it is also used to promote orderly procedures. The agenda is conducted in the following order.

    1. Roll Call
    2. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
    3. Presentations
    4. Comments and Inquiries on Non-Agenda Items From the Public - Immediately Following Public Hearings
      1. City Manager's response to prior public comments and inquiries
      2. From the Public
    5. Agenda Approval
    6. Consent Agenda
    7. Regular Agenda*
    8. Public Hearings
    9. First Readings
    10. Comments and Inquiries on Non-Agenda Items
      1. City Manager
      2. City Attorney
      3. City Commission

    Public Comment: City Commission meetings are business meetings and the right to limit discussion rests with the Commission. Generally, remarks by an individual will be limited to three minutes or less. The Mayor, presiding officer or a consensus of the City Commission has discretion to adjust the amount of time allocated.

    Public comment shall be allowed as follows:

    1. Comments and Inquiries on Non-Agenda and Agenda Items (excluding public hearing or quasi-judicial hearing items) from the Public: Any citizen is entitled to be heard concerning any matter within the scope of jurisdiction of the Commission under this section. The Commission may withhold comment or direct the City Manager to take action on requests or comments.
    2. Public Hearings/Quasi-Judicial Hearings: Any citizen is entitled to speak on items under these sections at the time these items are heard by the Commission.
  • How do I apply for an Advisory Board or Committee seat?

    Board vacancies are listed in the News For Neighborhoods, the city's monthly newsletter, or on our Advisory Board Web Page. All interested residents are encouraged to submit an application to the City Commission in care of the City Clerk Department. Please contact Marianne Rodriguez at (561) 243-7056 or by email at for more information

  • When are municipal elections held?

    The Municipal Election is held on the second Tuesday in March. Any person seeking to qualify as a candidate for the office of Mayor or for the office of any City Commission seat must have been a resident of Delray Beach, who became an elector of the city on or before September 1st preceding the municipal election. The term is for three (3) years.

  • Where do I register to vote?

    You can pick up a voter registration form at the City Clerk's Department located at City Hall, or by mail from the Supervisor of Elections office by calling (561) 656-6200. If you are registered already but would like to change your current information, notify the Elections office in writing of the changes. A new card will be mailed to you with your revised information.

  • Where do I go to Vote?

    There are 25 polling locations in the City of Delray Beach which will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Where you vote depends on your Precinct Number, which is located on your Voter Identification card. If you are unable to locate your Precinct Number, it is available on the Supervisor of Elections website at or by contacting their office at (561) 656-6200.

  • How can I access the Florida Statutes?

    Contact the Legislative Information Division.  The toll-free number for Florida residents is 1-800-342-1827 or visit their website at

  • I have a Delray Beach address, but live outside the city limits. Who do I call for assistance in resolving a problem or have a question about services?

    Contact Palm Beach County Citizens' Service Center at 930-4314 (toll free in Boca Raton, Delray Beach or the Glades) or visit their website at

  • How can I contact the Florida Commission on Ethics?

    Contact the Florida Commission on Ethics at (850) 488-7864 or visit their website at