Development Services Department Update (April 1, 2020)
Emergency Installation and Repair:
Permits for emergency installations and repairs, such as water heaters, A/C change outs, plumbing, roofs, etc. will be available by emailing a permit requested to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be monitored by City staff and replied to in a timely manner. Emergency permits will be generated, and fees will be collected at, or prior to, the Final Inspection, which will be scheduled on April 16th, or soon thereafter.
The following Development Services tasks are suspended until further notice:
- Other (non-emergency) Building Permit Submittals
- Inspections of occupied residential and commercial buildings.
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Board Hearings, including Site Plan Review and Appearance Board, Historic Preservation Board, Planning and Zoning Board, and Board of Adjustment.
The following Development Services tasks will be available through a limited process until further notice:
- Limited inspections for exterior work and unoccupied commercial and residential projects are available on a case by case basis; please contact the department at 561-243-7200 for assistance.
- New Development Applications, Resubmittals, and Zoning Certificates of Use, may be submitted via digital submission and US Mail, including fee submission, after a pre-submittal phone conference. Please call 561-243-7040 for assistance.
The following Development Services tasks will be performed remotely:
- Building Permit Plan Review for permits currently in the process
- Development Application review.
- Conference calls with Applicants