Delray Beach COVID-19 UPDATE - City Services
Beginning March 23, 2020, in an effort to ensure the continuity of essential services, the City of Delray Beach’s City Hall building will be closed to the public. Residents are encouraged to access services remotely.
To pay utility bills:
By phone at: (561) 243-7100
By mail at: City of Delray Beach, P.O. Box 367238, Bonita Springs, FL 34136
To open a new account or closed an existing one, email: UtilitiesCustomerService@mydelraybeach.com.
- For opening and closing accounts, please send all required information within 48 hours of start or end date.
- For new service, deposits will be billed to your account and payable on the due date of your first invoice.
Emergency Installation and Repair:
Permits for emergency installations and repairs, such as water heaters, A/C change outs, plumbing, roofs, etc. will be available by emailing a permit requested to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be monitored by City staff and replied to in a timely manner. Emergency permits will be generated, and fees will be collected at, or prior to, the Final Inspection, which will be scheduled on April 16th, or soon thereafter.
The following Development Services tasks are suspended until further notice:
- Other (non-emergency) Building Permit Submittals
- Inspections of occupied residential and commercial buildings.
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Board Hearings, including Site Plan Review and Appearance Board, Historic Preservation Board, Planning and Zoning Board, and Board of Adjustment.
The following Development Services tasks will be available through a limited process until further notice:
- Limited inspections for exterior work and unoccupied commercial and residential projects are available on a case by case basis; please contact the department at 561-243-7200 for assistance.
- New Development Applications, Resubmittals, and Zoning Certificates of Use, may be submitted via digital submission and US Mail, including fee submission, after a pre-submittal phone conference. Please call 561-243-7040 for assistance.
The following Development Services tasks will be performed remotely:
- Building Permit Plan Review for permits currently in the process
- Development Application review.
- Conference calls with Applicants
The City Clerk’s Office has suspended the issuance of resident cards until further notice.
Parks & Recreation
All Delray Beach parks, beaches, and recreational facilities are closed effective immediately.
Parking enforcement will be suspended until March 31, 2020.
For more information about online services, visit: https://www.delraybeachfl.gov/services/online-services